Sunday, April 8, 2012

LCFS's final term Showcase

Every end of term at the London College for Fashion Studies in Hanoi, the student union organizes a mini fashion show, where some outfits chosen by the teachers are showcased. This time, I was appointed MC with Hoang. And my outfit was picked. So you can imagine my excitement. We all worked so hard, developing ideas and creating concepts of our own. So you kind of feel over the moon every end of term, knowing what you've done was appreciated. I will write a post next week about the concept I worked on.

So back to the showcase. Our teacher May was the main coordinator, she prepared everything very carefully. All the cac ban were at the school all day fixing and putting things together in order for the mini show to be a success. And it was! Mr Douglas who was invited from the Northumbria University specially for this event was positively surprised and impressed by the talent of the students, which put a smile on everyone's face.

The show was divided into 5 parts. Term 1 and their white shirt project, term 2 and their street wear project, term 3 with soft tailoring, term 4 and evening wear, and the second year's final collection.
And it was a full house! LCFS's hall was packed with students, parents, teachers, friends, fashionistas and photographers etc. Models were chosen among the students, no giggles or awkward walk was permitted, as Ha Dang, an experienced model with a killing signature move, took matters into her hands, and taught the girls how to walk graciously while keeping a straight I'm-a-model-you-know-what-I-mean face. And god knows she's good at it!

For my part, I had the whole script written in English in my hand, so I was prepared. My issue: trying to pronounce my words carefully. English is not my first language, it's the 3rd, French and Arabic come first. What happens is that I kind of completely loose the English accent and switch back, very strongly, to the French one when I'm in front of  a crowd. I don't where that reaction comes from, as I'm neither timid nor stressed. Its quite an interesting linguistique/social related phenomenon. The good thing is that it automatically cooled down the atmosphere and during a fashion event that's perfect.

I could not take any pictures as I was on the stage, so I gave my camera to my good friend Natasha to snap some poses and lots of wires (sorry). Here is a little bit of everything!

Term1/White Shirt 

Term2/street wear

Term2/street wear (Ha Dang on the left)

Term2/street wear. my design

Term 3/ soft tailoring

Term 3 / soft tailoring

Evening Wear

Jason, Douglas, and Miss Hang


1 comment:

  1. Hi , are u an international student at LCFS Hanoi?I would like to know more abt LCFS Hanoi.

    ReplyDelete